Gas Chamber Story 11: The Biker Girl
Forum Home  >  Public : Stories  >  Gas Chamber Story 11: The Biker Girl

Page:  1 

The Biker Girl
Sheri had been part of an outlaw biker gang that had terrorized the west coast for nearly a year Most of the gang was killed in a shootout with police, leaving Sheri as the only senior member live. The five-foot ten big boned muscular woman with waist length ash blonde hair sat quietly in the preparation cell at San Quentin as people she didn’t know tied to files last minute appeals on her behalf to save her life. She stood and started to pace back and forth in prison issued jeans, pullover shirt and a pair of flip flops on her size 10 feet. She looked at the woman guard outside her cell and gave her a smile. “I just can’t sit still, it’s all this waiting. The ride up here was bad enough but the waiting to see what happens is worse. Can you just do it and get it over with?”
“I’m sorry Sheri, we have to go by what the courts tell us. Do you want anything to eat?”
Sheri shook her head, “No, my stomach can’t handle anything right now. I just wish the courts will make up their minds before 10 and let me get this over with. I’m not afraid to die, I’m just getting impatient.”
“All of our nerves are strained.”
“I know,” Sheri said as she rubbed the back of her head with her right hand. She looked up as the door to the cell block opened and the warden entered. “Sheri,” he said, “I’m afraid the courts turned you down. We have to proceed.”
Sheri let out a sigh, “I’m relieved, this is the end but I’m relieved. How much longer?”
“Forty-five minutes. Is there anything I can get for you?”
Sheri shook her head, “Nothing special. What will I be wearing? I usually don’t do dresses.”
“You can have a shirt and pants or a pair of shorts and a muscle shirt.”
“I’ll go with the shorts and muscle shirt.”
“You’ll have to be barefoot.”
“That’s fine, I don’t like to wear shoes anyway.”
“We’ll have you change in a half hour.”
“A half hour,” Sheri said with a small laugh. “That damn robbery didn’t take five minutes. I pulled the trigger on my gun three times and killed two people. Hell, I deserve what I get.”
Sheri sat down on the cot and crossed her legs at her ankles. She sat there looking down as the last minutes ticked by. She looked up as her cell door opened and two female guards entered the cell. ‘Stand up and undress, everything off,” one of the guards ordered.
Sheri stood and stepped out of the flip flops and then pulled her shirt off and then removed her bra. She then unfastened her pants and let them drop to the floor. She then stepped out of her panties. The guard then handed her a rubber band to put her long hair in a ponytail.
One guard collected her clothing as the other handed her the shorts and muscle shirt to put on. Once Sheri was dressed a guard outside the cell looked down the hallway and nodded as the other two guards left the cell.
Two male guard unrolled a runner rug as the warden and two other guards approached the cell. “It’s time,” the warden said to Sheri.
Sheri nodded her head and then stepped out of the cell and onto the strip of carpet. Quietly she walked with the guards at her side and the warden behind her as she approached the gas chamber. She stopped as she reached the open door and let out a big sigh. “In a way,” Sheri said, “I’m relieved it’s over with.”
“Please set inside,” the warden said.
Sheri took a step and her bare feet touched the metal floor of the chamber. Two guards quickly turned her around and set her in the chair that was to her left. Another guard joined them and started to strap her legs to the chair as the others secured her arms and torso. The, a stethoscope was taped to her heart and EKG leads placed on her as well. Once finished they left the chamber, closed the door and sealed it.
Sheri nervously moved her feet from side to side as the tall woman’s soles touched the floor of the chamber. Then, she heard a metal clank and then a splash as the pellets fell into the sulfuric acid. She looked straight ahead and did not breath as she counted silently to ten. Sheri then took one deep breath followed by another and then another’ Her head leaned back and then fell forward. Several seconds went by and then her head shot backwards as the cyanide caused her body to arch backward, straining against the straps. Her mouth opened wide as her toes tightened together and arched downward, raising her soles off the floor of the chamber.
Her body stayed rigid for over 40 seconds and then relaxed, letting her head fall forward, rolling slightly from side to side a few times before coming to rest. She began to drool as her heart slowed and then stopped.
The nightly news broadcast, “Biker woman dies in gad chamber for her part in a robbery murder.

Page:  1 
Forum > Public / Stories > Gas Chamber Story 11: The Biker Girl

You need to be logged in to reply.